Here is list of my newspaper and television appearances, as well as demonstrations of research projects to the general public. They are mostly related to my PhD research, which was done in the context of the robot soccer domain ("RoboCup").
Please do not use text or pictures from these without permission of the author/photographer.
- 06.2006, Article in the Abendzeitung (national newspaper)[ Link ]
An article on RoboCup, and robotic soccer.
- 06.2006, Article in Aud!max (student newspaper)[ Link ]
An article on various projects at our the Intelligent Autonomous Systems Group in Munich.
- 12.05.2006-09.07.2006, Deutsche Museum, Exposition on "Innovationen im Fußball"[ PDF | Link | Picture ]
Hugibert, one of the players of our mid-size team was displayed at this exposition on "innovations in soccer".
- 23.11.2005, Article in the Süddeutsche Zeitung (national newspaper) [ Picture | Link ]
In 2006, the World Championship soccer will be held in Germany. In this article various people who will take part in other world championships (hockey, theater, robot soccer, and others) are interviewed.
- 14.05.2005, Interview on the ARD (national television) [ Picture | Link ]
"Willi Will's Wissen" ("Willi wants to know") is a Prize Winning children's show on German television. In his very own style, Willi discovers the how and why behind oil drilling, horse riding, funerals and many other serious and less serious subject. Our RoboCup team demonstrated the robots, and I was interviewed as part of Willi's show on robotics.
- 09.10.2004, Demonstration game at the SiemensForum in Munich [ Link ]
At the opening of the business exposition Milestones and More at the Siemens Forum, we played a little two-on-two game with our RoboCup team the Agilo RoboCuppers
- 23.11.2003, Demonstration game at the Wissenschaftstag in Munich [ Picture | Link ]
The Wissenschaftstag (Science Day) is held every year at our University. It is open to the general public, and allows all faculties to present their research. At the 2003 Wissenschaftstag we played three friendly matches with our Agilo RoboCuppers against the Ulm Sparrows.
- Fall 2002, Article in the Siemens Magazine Pictures of the Future [ Link ]
Siemens Magazine Die Zeitschrift für Forschung und Innovation, Fall 2002 Roboter: Spieltrieb oder Schöpferdrang Einer wie ich - der Forscher als Schöpfer